By Albert J Mills,Gabrielle Durepos,Elden Wiebe
Case examine examine has a protracted historical past in the traditional sciences, social sciences, and arts, courting again to the early 1920's. at the start it used to be an invaluable approach for researchers to make legitimate inferences from occasions outdoors the laboratory in methods in keeping with the rigorous practices of research contained in the lab. over the years, case learn ways garnered curiosity in a number of disciplines as students studied phenomena in context. regardless of common use, case learn examine has obtained little awareness one of the literature on learn strategies.
The Encyclopedia of Case research Research offers a compendium at the very important methodological concerns in undertaking case learn examine and explores either the strengths and weaknesses of other paradigmatic methods. those volumes specialise in the unique features of case research study and its position inside and along different learn methodologies.
- Presents a definition of case examine study that may be utilized in diverse fields of study
- Describes case examine as a learn method instead of as a unmarried software for choice making and inquiry
- Guides instead of dictates, readers' figuring out and purposes of case research research
- Includes a severe precis in every one access, which increases extra concerns for reflection
- Makes case examine suitable to researchers at a variety of phases in their careers, throughout philosophic divides, and all through varied disciplines
- Academic Disciplines
- Case examine study Design
- Conceptual Issues
- Data Analysis
- Data Collection
- Methodological Approaches
- Theoretical Traditions
- Theory improvement and Contributions
From Case examine Research
- Types of Case learn Research
Read Online or Download Encyclopedia of Case Study Research PDF
Similar social sciences research books
The general goal of this article is to introduce starting researchers to the research of academic and social coverage, the way it has been tested from a scholarly standpoint, and the salient matters to contemplate in conceptualizing and undertaking coverage study. The emphasis is on "introduce," because the numerous coverage fields in the public area (for instance, schooling, strength, overall healthiness, exertions) are a lot too diversified to incorporate intensive in one quantity on theoretical techniques and learn tools.
The eagerly expected Fourth version of the name that pioneered the comparability of qualitative, quantitative, and combined tools study layout is here! For all 3 methods, Creswell incorporates a initial attention of philosophical assumptions, a evaluate of the literature, an overview of using conception in examine techniques, and refl ections in regards to the value of writing and ethics in scholarly inquiry.
Case examine learn has a protracted background in the typical sciences, social sciences, and arts, courting again to the early 1920's. in the beginning it used to be an invaluable approach for researchers to make legitimate inferences from occasions open air the laboratory in methods in step with the rigorous practices of research contained in the lab.
Les sciences humaines et sociales ne sont plus le monopole d’une petite partie du monde, l’Europe occidentale, l’Amérique du Nord, rejointes assez tôt par l’Amérique latine. Elles sont pratiquées partout, avec de plus en plus souvent une capacité des chercheurs à se situer au meilleur niveau, et à participer à des échanges scientifiques réellement planétaires, tout en ayant un castle ancrage dans leur propre société.
- Interpretive Autoethnography (Qualitative Research Methods)
- Statistical Methods for Meta-Analysis
- A Social Justice Approach to Survey Design and Analysis (Pocket Guide to Social Work Research Methods)
- Net-Generation Student Motivation to Attend Community College
Additional info for Encyclopedia of Case Study Research
Encyclopedia of Case Study Research by Albert J Mills,Gabrielle Durepos,Elden Wiebe