By Dave Steinberg,Frank Budinsky,Ed Merks,Marcelo Paternostro
By Anders Goransson
Multithreading is key on the way to create an Android app with a superb consumer adventure, yet how are you aware which concepts can assist clear up your challenge? This useful booklet describes many asynchronous mechanisms to be had within the Android SDK, and offers guidance for choosing those most excellent for the app you’re building.
Author Anders Goransson demonstrates the benefits and downsides of every approach, with pattern code and unique motives for utilizing it successfully. the 1st a part of the publication describes the development blocks of asynchronous processing, and the second one half covers Android libraries and constructs for constructing quick, responsive, and well-structured apps.
- Understand multithreading fundamentals in Java and at the Android platform
- Learn how threads converse inside and among processes
- Use techniques to lessen the danger of reminiscence leaks
- Manage the lifecycle of a simple thread
- Run initiatives sequentially within the historical past with HandlerThread
- Use Java’s Executor Framework to manage or cancel threads
- Handle history job execution with AsyncTask and IntentService
- Access content material services with AsyncQueryHandler
- Use loaders to replace the UI with new data
By Robert Ghanea-Hercock
This publication is meant for college kids, researchers, and execs attracted to evolutionary algorithms at graduate and postgraduate point. No arithmetic past easy algebra and Cartesian graphs equipment is needed, because the goal is to motivate employing the JAVA toolkit to increase an appreciation of the ability of those techniques.
By Phil Coulthard,George Farr
By Fred Long,Dhruv Mohindra,Robert C. Seacord,Dean F. Sutherland,David Svoboda
“In the Java international, safeguard isn't really seen as an add-on a characteristic. it's a pervasive mind set. those that disregard to imagine in a safe approach prove in difficulty. yet simply because the amenities are there doesn’t suggest that defense is guaranteed immediately. a collection of ordinary practices has advanced through the years. The safe® Coding® common for Java™ is a compendium of those practices. those usually are not theoretical study papers or product advertising blurbs. this can be all severe, mission-critical, battle-tested, enterprise-scale stuff.”
—James A. Gosling, Father of the Java Programming Language
An crucial part of safe coding within the Java programming language is a well-documented and enforceable coding typical. Coding criteria motivate programmers to stick to a uniform algorithm decided by means of the necessities of the undertaking and association, instead of via the programmer’s familiarity or choice. as soon as confirmed, those criteria can be utilized as a metric to guage resource code (using guide or automatic processes).
The CERT® Oracle® safe Coding common for Java™ presents principles designed to cast off insecure coding practices which can result in exploitable vulnerabilities. program of the standard’s instructions will bring about higher-quality systems–robust platforms which are extra proof against assault. Such directions are required for the big variety of goods coded in Java–for units equivalent to computers, video game gamers, cell phones, domestic home equipment, and car electronics.
After a high-level creation to Java program safeguard, seventeen regularly prepared chapters element particular principles for key components of Java improvement. for every sector, the authors current noncompliant examples and corresponding compliant recommendations, express find out how to check hazard, and supply references for additional info. every one rule is prioritized according to the severity of results, probability of introducing exploitable vulnerabilities, and price of remediation.
The commonplace offers safe coding ideas for the Java SE 6 Platform together with the Java programming language and libraries, and in addition addresses new gains of the Java SE 7 Platform. It describes language behaviors left to the discretion of JVM and compiler implementers, courses builders within the right use of Java’s APIs and safeguard structure, and considers protection matters referring to ordinary extension APIs (from the javax package deal hierarchy).The ordinary covers protection concerns acceptable to those libraries: lang, util, Collections, Concurrency Utilities, Logging, administration, mirrored image, common Expressions, Zip, I/O, JMX, JNI, Math, Serialization, and JAXP.
By Cameron Hughes,Tracey Hughes
Start programming robots NOW!
Learn hands-on, via effortless examples, visuals, and code
This is a different advent to programming robots to execute projects autonomously. Drawing on years of expertise in synthetic intelligence and robotic programming, Cameron and Tracey Hughes introduce the reader to easy options of programming robots to execute initiatives with no using distant controls.
Robot Programming: A consultant to Controlling independent Robots takes the reader on an event during the eyes of Midamba, a lad who has been stranded on a desolate tract island and needs to give you the chance to software robots to aid him break out. during this consultant, you're awarded with useful techniques and methods to software robotic sensors, cars, and translate your principles into initiatives a robotic can execute autonomously. those recommendations can be utilized on today’s prime robotic microcontrollers (ARM9 and ARM7) and robotic systems (including the wildly well known reasonably cheap Arduino structures, LEGO® Mindstorms EV3, NXT, and Wowee RS Media robotic) to your hardware/Maker/DIY initiatives. alongside the best way the reader will learn the way to:
Program robotic sensors and motors
Program a robotic arm to accomplish a task
Describe the robot’s initiatives and environments in a fashion robotic can technique utilizing robotic S.T.O.R.I.E.S.
Develop a R.S.V.P. (Robot situation visible making plans) used for designing the robot’s initiatives in an environment
Program a robotic to accommodate the “unexpected” utilizing robotic S.P.A.C.E.S.
Program robots effectively utilizing S.A.R.A.A. (Safe self sufficient robotic software structure) Approach
Program robots utilizing Arduino C/C++ and Java languages
Use robotic programming ideas with LEGO® Mindstorms EV3, Arduino, and different ARM7 and ARM9-based robots.
By Ken Kousen
The creation of sensible programming ideas in Java SE eight used to be a drastic swap for this venerable object-oriented language. Lambda expressions, approach references, and streams essentially replaced the idioms of the language, and plenty of builders were attempting to capture up ever for the reason that. This cookbook can assist. With greater than 70 specified recipes, writer Ken Kousen indicates you the way to exploit the latest good points of Java to unravel quite a lot of problems.
For builders happy with earlier Java types, this advisor covers the majority of Java SE eight, and incorporates a bankruptcy keen on adjustments coming in Java nine. have to know the way practical idioms will switch how you write code? This cookbook—chock jam-packed with use cases—is for you.
- The fundamentals of lambda expressions and technique references
- Interfaces within the java.util.function package
- Stream operations for reworking and filtering data
- Comparators and creditors for sorting and changing streaming data
- Combining lambdas, procedure references, and streams
- Creating situations and extract values from Java’s non-compulsory type
- New I/O functions that aid practical streams
- The Date-Time API that replaces the legacy Date and Calendar classes
- Mechanisms for experimenting with concurrency and parallelism
By Jörg Hettel,Manh Tien Tran
Das Buch bietet eine fundierte Einführung in die nebenläufige Programmierung mit Java. Der Inhalt gliedert sich dabei in fünf Teile: Im ersten Teil wird das grundlegende Thread-Konzept besprochen und die Koordinierung nebenläufiger Programmflüsse durch rudimentäre Synchronisationsmechanismen erläutert. Im zweiten Teil werden weiterführende Konzepte wie Threadpools, Futures, Atomic-Variablen und Locks vorgestellt. Ergänzende Synchronisationsmechanismen zur Koordinierung mehrerer Threads werden im dritten Teil eingeführt. Teil vier bespricht das ForkJoin-Framework, die Parallel Streams und die Klasse CompletableFuture, mit denen auf einfache artwork und Weise nebenläufige Programme erstellt werden können. Im fünften Teil findet der Leser Beispiele für die Anwendung der vorgestellten Konzepte und Klassen. Dabei werden auch das Thread-Konzept von JavaFX und Android sowie das Programmiermodell mit Aktoren vorgestellt.
Der Anhang enthält einen Ausblick auf Java nine, das bezüglich des Concurrency-API kleine Neuerungen bringt. Alle Codebeispiele stehen auf der Webseite zum Buch zum obtain bereit.
By Alexey Grigorev
- An review of contemporary facts technology and computing device studying libraries to be had in Java
- Coverage of a vast set of subject matters, going from the fundamentals of computer studying to Deep studying and massive information frameworks.
- Easy-to-follow illustrations and the working instance of creating a seek engine.
Java is the preferred programming language, in response to the TIOBE index, and it's a ordinary selection for operating creation structures in lots of businesses, either within the startup international and between huge enterprises.
Not unusually, it's also a standard selection for developing facts technological know-how functions: it really is quickly and has an exceptional set of information processing instruments, either integrated and exterior. what's extra, deciding on Java for information technology helps you to simply combine ideas with current software program, and produce info technological know-how into construction with much less effort.
This e-book will educate you ways to create information technology purposes with Java. First, we are going to revise an important issues while beginning a knowledge technological know-how program, after which brush up the fundamentals of Java and laptop studying earlier than diving into extra complex themes. we begin by means of going over the prevailing libraries for facts processing and libraries with computer studying algorithms. After that, we hide subject matters corresponding to type and regression, dimensionality aid and clustering, info retrieval and traditional language processing, and deep studying and massive data.
Finally, we end the publication by means of speaking concerning the how one can installation the version and assessment it in creation settings.
What you are going to learn
- Get an excellent knowing of the information processing toolbox to be had in Java
- Explore the information technological know-how atmosphere on hand in Java
- Find out the right way to process assorted laptop studying issues of Java
- Process unstructured info resembling traditional language textual content or images
- Create your personal seek engine
- Get cutting-edge functionality with XGBoost
- Learn tips on how to construct deep neural networks with DeepLearning4j
- Build purposes that scale and approach quite a lot of data
- Deploy information technological know-how types to creation and evaluation their performance
About the Author
Alexey Grigorev is a talented info scientist, computer studying engineer, and software program developer with greater than 7 years experience.
He all started his profession as a Java developer operating at a couple of huge and small businesses, yet after it slow he switched to information technological know-how. without delay, Alexey works as a knowledge scientist at Searchmetrics, the place, in his day by day activity, he actively makes use of Java and Python for facts cleansing, facts research, and modeling.
His components of craftsmanship are desktop studying and textual content mining, yet he additionally enjoys engaged on a huge set of difficulties, that's why he frequently participates in facts technology competitions on systems akin to kaggle.com.
You can connect to Alexey on LinkedIn at https://de.linkedin.com/in/agrigorev.
Table of Contents
- Data technology utilizing Java
- Data Processing Toolbox
- Exploratory info Analysis
- Supervised studying - class and Regression
- Unsupervised studying - Clustering and Dimensionality Reduction
- Working with textual content - ordinary Language Processing and data Retrieval
- Extreme Gradient Boosting
- Deep studying with DeepLearning4J
- Scaling facts Science
- Deploying information technological know-how Models
By Salahaldin Juba,Achim Vannahme,Andrey Volkov
Create, increase and deal with relational databases in actual global functions utilizing PostgreSQL
About This Book
- Learn concerning the PostgreSQL improvement lifestyles cycle together with its checking out and refactoring
- Build efficient database options and use them in Java applications
- A accomplished consultant to profit approximately SQL, PostgreSQL procedural language and PL/pgSQL
Who This publication Is For
If you're a scholar, database developer or an administrator, drawn to constructing and retaining a PostgreSQL database, then this ebook is for you. No wisdom of database programming or management is necessary.
What you'll Learn
- Learn suggestions of knowledge modelling and relation algebra
- Install and organize PostgreSQL database server and patron software
- Implement information constructions in PostgreSQL
- Manipulate info within the database utilizing SQL
- Implement info processing good judgment within the database with kept capabilities, triggers and views
- Test database options and examine the performance
- Integrate database with Java applications
- Detailed wisdom of the most PostgreSQL construction gadgets, such a lot used extensions
- Practice database improvement lifestyles cycle together with research, modelling, (documentation), trying out, computer virus fixes and refactoring
PostgreSQL is among the strongest and simple to take advantage of database administration structures. It has robust help from the group and is being actively constructed with a brand new free up each year. PostgreSQL helps the main complicated beneficial properties integrated in SQL criteria. additionally it presents NoSQL services, and intensely wealthy information kinds and extensions. All that makes PostgreSQL a really beautiful resolution in several types of software program systems.
The publication starts off with the creation of relational databases with PostegreSQL. It then strikes directly to protecting info definition language (DDL) with emphasis on PostgreSQL and customary DDL instructions supported via ANSI SQL. you are going to then research the information manipulation language (DML), and complex issues like locking and multi model concurrency regulate (MVCC). it will offer you a truly strong heritage to track and troubleshoot your program. The ebook then covers the implementation of information versions within the database similar to developing tables, constructing integrity constraints, construction indexes, defining perspectives and different schema items. subsequent, it's going to provide you with an outline in regards to the NoSQL features of PostgreSQL besides Hstore, XML, Json and arrays. eventually via the top of the booklet, you are going to discover ways to use the JDBC motive force and manage info items within the Hibernate framework.
Style and approach
An easy-to-follow consultant to profit programming construct purposes with PostgreSQL, and deal with a PostgreSQL database instance.